Tear down the walls: not the ones in your website but in your company, between and within divisions. Too many businesses, especially larger companies, divide website responsibilities throughout different parts of the organization chart.
What is a Meme? Memes, or more specifically internet memes, refer to any concept that spreads across the Internet. This can include stories, quotes, images, videos or audio, but for the purposes of this article we’ll refer specifically to images.
While Google continues to maintain that its Google+ social network is doing just fine, thank you very much — with a user base of about 100 million, according to the web giant — skepticism about the actual popularity of the service remains high.
These are the tidbits I found most interesting:
* The number of Pinterest users to visit the site daily has gone up 145 percent since the beginning of 2012
* Pinterest content is very different in the UK, and more centered around venture capital, blogging resources, web analytics and the like
* Over 80 percent of pins are actually re-pins rather than brand new content
* Pinterest user growth is better than that of Facebook and Twitter at the same point in their history
* As expected, 80 percent of Pinterest’s user base is female
* Brands are having a helluva time leveraging Pinterest — Better Homes & Gardens has 25,000+ followers on Pinterest, compared to 21,000 on Twitter